Where is she, this woman I'm meant to love? Where is this woman who will share with me the wild adventures of my heart? Where is the woman who longs to lay in bed with me beside the periwinkle Aegean? Where is the woman who will sweat and struggle in Africa with me for liberation and exposure? Where is the woman who will join me in the Middle East as I attempt to bring peace between nations by listening instead of speaking? Where is the woman who will feel the cool lick of Andean clouds at the eroding remains of the Incan Empire and ponder the changes that all the Americas need? Where is the woman who will make the pilgrimage to Jerusalem with me, to walk the ancient streets where the God-Man once walked? Where is the woman who will chain-smoke cigarettes with me in Prague on wintry days? Where is the woman who will join me for coffee and French poetry? Where is the woman who will choose to help the world over lavishing in materials?
Where is the woman who will take my hand when I offer it filled with unknown tales and dangers?
Where ever she is, I warn her, the price of my heart is high. It requires strength and understanding; requires a serenity in her heart to match the lightning in my mind. A tax of adventure and insecurity must be paid. I warn her that my life is not carried within my hands, but rather in God's.
Come to me sweet dreamer and we shall travel the realms of our desires together.
No comments:
Post a Comment