Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The God Who Is

I AM He says, and I've always thought that in saying such, Yahweh reveals Himself as the greatest Zen master that ever will be. I've struggled with this phrase though, because it contains the answer to the question about God, but doesn't really tell me how to make sense of the answer. I think that is a part of God's character that makes the most sense to me, the personality that I interact with most. I sit here in Colorado and I recognize that God is here, He is in this land and He is my constant companion here. I don't have to search to find Him here. I just step outside into the warm night's twilight, or sit pretty on my life guard stand in the blazing sun and I can feel Him here. My hope is that I will someday be able to find the God Who Is in every place I visit, that I will find Him more clearly in Seattle; I hope that the God I find in my homeland will journey with me to others' homelands, that I will see, hear, taste Him in all things. I think this will happen. I think this will happen because God says I AM, not I AM ONLY.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like this one, Christo.

~Alec