The wonder of the stage filled me. I stood calm before the audience of fallen leaves, December wind, and empty night air. The lights overhead cast me in partial shadow and I waited until the were ready before I spoke.
My monologue was honest and open, not one filled with sorrow but redulant with determination. I whispered softly the wearying struggles and shouted the triumphs. I scorned the ice dragon of winter for leaving autumns leaves like hair on the heads of the surrounding trees. I spoke to Katherine and wryly smiled at her, reminding her that she is not my girl and I am no longer a boy.
How wonderful it felt to feel my feet pressed against that wooden stage! I've missed you, dear. It's been far too long. Thank you for the brief tryst together tonight. I will whisper sweet sadness and bellow bright, boistrous ballads to you soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment